King Charles’ major decision gives sad hint into Kate Middleton’s cancer recovery

  • Post category:News
  • Post comments:0 Comments
  • Post last modified:May 16, 2024
  • Reading time:12 mins read
You are currently viewing King Charles’ major decision gives sad hint into Kate Middleton’s cancer recovery

Kate Middleton is in the middle of her cancer treatment. No official update on the Princess of Wales after her March 22 cancer diagnosis statement has been given, but still, some of the royal family members have given hints about her recovery while out on royal duty.

Before the cancer diagnosis, it was projected that Kate would be back on royal duty after Easter. Her return to public life is still being determined; no one knows what will happen in the following months. Still, it’s reported that she keeps a strong face in front of her children and that William continues to be her rock during this challenging time.



King Charles has decided to call in some prominent replacements for Kate Middleton this summer, as there will be plenty of work. The monarch is back to royal duty, and William has taken on plenty of responsibility while his wife is away. Just days ago, he gave a brief update on his wife.

In January, Kate Middleton underwent abdominal surgery. The initial statement shocked royal fans, as the Princess of Wales hadn’t been publicly seen for weeks.

Kate Middleton

She was set to be out of royal duty until Easter, but as the weeks went by and no updates were given, nor were pictures of the princess published, royal fans became worried.

Fans were relieved when Kate Middleton finally published a picture of herself and her children on Mother’s Day. However, hours later, it was revealed that the image had been manipulated, and the Princess of Wales received hefty criticism from royal fans, journalists, and even celebrities.

Conspiracy theories surrounding the Princess of Wales spread across the internet. Some were more bizarre than others, and fans and experts demanded that the palace tell the truth. Then, on March 22, Kate Middleton finally broke the silence.

In a pre-recorded video, sitting in the gardens at Windsor, she revealed that she had cancer.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team, therefore, advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment,” Kate Middleton said.



“This, of course, came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.”

The princess continued, “As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte, and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them and to reassure them that I am going to be ok.”



“We now need some time, space, and privacy”

“As I have said to them; I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits. Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both.”

“We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery.”

Kate Middleton concluded, “At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.”

The cancer statement left the world in shock. Those who criticized her for staying silent after the Mother’s Day blunder apologized, and she received messages from people around the world.

Before her cancer diagnosis was revealed, conspiracy theories ran wild. According to a former Prince and Princess of Wales staffer, that didn’t sit well with them, especially William.

Speaking to People, the ex-staffer said William was “upset and angry” over the gossip.

“William is strong-minded, stubborn sometimes. That, and his emphasis on family life, will give him the backbone and strength to get through this,” royal expert Valentine Low told People.

Kate Middleton spent several weeks at Anmer Hall at Sandringham with her husband, Prince William, and children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis. As the children returned to school after their three-week break, the princess also returned to their home of Adelaide Cottage at Windsor.



Prince William and Kate Middleton plan ‘secret home’

While the palace has stayed quiet, not releasing any official statements on Kate following her cancer diagnosis, her husband and Queen Camilla have given some minor updates while on royal duty, indicating that the princess is doing well.

Meanwhile, sources close to the couple have revealed that she and William plan to transform their ‘secret home.’

A source told OK! that the Prince and Princess of Wales plan to expand a currently vacant annex to help Kate recover.

The couple plans to renovate the Adelaide Cottage grounds annex into a retreat for the Wales family and their staff.

“They [William and Kate] absolutely adore Adelaide Cottage, but it just about fits the entire family, whereas Anmer Hall is much larger with extensive grounds,” a source disclosed to OK!.

“Adelaide Cottage is being used as a term time property while the children are at school nearby and Anmer Hall is for long weekends and holidays.”

The plans are currently on hold, but the builders will be called as soon as the time is right.

“Nobody knows that there is quite a spacious red-brick annex building that’s not being used next door to Adelaide Cottage,” an insider revealed. “It’s currently uninhabitable and needs extensive renovation works if it were to be used.

“Discussions have been ongoing for a while about using the property as part of the overall cottage grounds, but it’s just about finding the right time to kick the project off.”



Kate Middleton urged to enjoy ‘restorative’ activity during cancer treatment

So who will pay for it? According to an insider, Kate and William are considering paying for it because they fear public backlash.

“William is very conscious of the public scrutiny over the Royal Family’s spending habits, so he is looking at the best way to cover any renovation costs,” a source disclosed. “It’s a project that’s very much been put on the back burner for now due to the family’s unfortunate position, but it will be looked at again when the time is right,” the insider told OK!.

After her abdominal surgery, Kate Middleton received many tips from experts on how to help her recover as quickly as possible. With the cancer diagnosis, however, it’s different, and with Kate needing to undergo chemotherapy, other methods for helping her recovery were most likely scrapped.

Meanwhile, royal expert Jennie Bond now urges the Princess of Wales to enjoy ‘restorative’ activities to help her get better. Besides the fact that her parents will be crucial in supporting her, Bond told OK! that being outdoors will undoubtedly help her.

“I’ve no doubt that Catherine’s parents will be staying with her, but even so it must be a step in the right direction,” she explained to the outlet. “Hopefully Catherine is feeling stronger every day and, with the sun now shining, she’ll be able to enjoy the great outdoors which, for her, has always been restorative.”

Prince William has been praised for his commitment to his wife while juggling his royal duties. As his father, King Charles, also has been going through cancer treatment, he and Queen Camilla stepped up and took on even more responsibility.


Prince William breaks the silence on Kate MIddleton

However, while William performs his royal duties, his wife is always his primary commitment. A week ago, an insider told People that William is ‘hyper-focused’ on Kate’s recovery and doing everything he can to support her.

“For William, everything hinges on Kate’s well-being,” royal biographer Ingrid Seward told People Magazine.

Another insider told the news outlet, “William is prioritizing giving her all the time she needs to get better and the support, particularly to the children.”

While he hasn’t given any significant updates on Kate, he has given the public some minor details about her recovery. Just days ago, the future king revealed new information about his wife.

William visited the Isles of Scilly for the first time since becoming the Duke of Cornwall following his father’s accession to the throne in September 2022. There, he was given a tour of the small medical center of St. Mary’s Community Hospital in Hugh Town, where he was greeted by Tracy Smith, administrator at the hospital.

“I asked William about his wife Kate, and he said, ‘she’s doing well, thanks,’ and I suggested they might like to come for a visit and bring the children,” Smith revealed, as per Sky News.

William answered, “The children are very jealous that I am here… Maybe we might come later in the year.”

While no one knows when Kate Middleton will be back on royal duty, fans around the world have received sad news that a return is not close to happening, according to the Daily Mail.

This summer, the royal family has a packed schedule. Trooping the Colour, a state banquet, the 80th anniversary of D-day, and Garter Day are just some of the major events scheduled.

The Princess of Wales usually attends these events, including the glamorous garden parties at Buckingham Palace. However, as things stand, it appears that King Charles has already ruled out her appearance and is bringing in another royal family member in her absence.



King Charles plans for a royal summer without Kate Middleton, royal source claims

According to a Daily Mail source, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are on the king’s list to fill in for Kate Middleton this summer. According to the news outlet, Beatrice, Prince Andrew’s eldest daughter, is ” looking forward to helping out.”

“They’ve got a busy diary coming up, and they need to widen the family at social events. You’ve got a whole week of Ascot. You have four garden parties. You’ve got Trooping the Colour, and you’ve got a state visit before you even start on other things,” the source said.

“I think Beatrice and Eugenie are adding support where they can. They’ve always been clear they’re non-royal, but they’re always there to help fulfill any duties required.”

The source added that King Charles is looking to “bring in some fresh blood,” as he believes they’ve “grown into very sensible, lovely women” who could be a great asset for the royal family.

“They have been crying out for that royal glamour that has been missing during a time when his slimmed-down monarchy is in desperate need of bulking up,” the source concluded.

“Beatrice, in particular, has been desperate for her chance to shine. She was once shy, and her style was a little frumpy. But these days she’s ambitious, confident and fashionable. She looks great in photos.”



Leave a Reply