No one knows where the noises heard during the search for the Titanic sub came from.

  • Post category:News
  • Post comments:0 Comments
  • Post last modified:June 22, 2023
  • Reading time:5 mins read
You are currently viewing No one knows where the noises heard during the search for the Titanic sub came from.

As the search for the missing submersible with five people on board continues, more planes and ships are going out Wednesday afternoon. The size of the effort is growing by the hour.

At a news conference on Wednesday afternoon, U.S. Coast Guard officials said that in the next 24 to 48 hours, the number of planes and ships looking for the Titan submersible will double to 10.

Capt. Jamie Frederick of the U.S. Coast Guard told reporters at a news conference in Boston, “Since the beginning of our efforts, our Canadian partners have been giving us important leadership and a lot of response power.” “This is a very complicated search operation that needs both above- and below-ground parts.”

Frederick said that the area being searched on the surface of the water is now about twice the size of the U.S. state of Connecticut, while the search below the surface goes as deep as 2.5 miles, or about 4 km.

A Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) plane heard “banging noises” on Tuesday, but officials don’t know if the noises are coming from the submarine.

“We don’t know what the noises are,” Frederick told reporters. “We need to be optimistic. I can’t tell you the noises, but I can say, “We’re looking for where the noises are coming from.”

Officials also reported that an aeroplane searching the area heard more noises on Wednesday.

Since the search began, the sounds found by the Canadian plane are the first possible clues in the case.

Estimates show that the air on board the Titan submersible will run out in less than 24 hours.

The Polar Prince’s crew lost touch with Titan about an hour and 45 minutes after it went down into the Atlantic Ocean on Sunday morning on a tourist trip to the Titanic.

About 3,800 meters below the ocean’s top is where the wreckage is. The group had left St. John’s, N.L., the morning before.

After the RCAF plane heard noises from the water in the search area, the U.S. Coast Guard tweeted just after midnight Wednesday that both diving and air searches would be moved “to try to figure out where the noises are coming from.”

It isn’t clear if the sounds have anything to do with the lost submarine.

CNN said on Wednesday morning that “banging” sounds were heard every 30 minutes for a while on Tuesday. CNN and Rolling Stone got this information from a U.S. government paper.

CNN said that the memo didn’t say when or how long the sound was on Tuesday.

CTV News has not checked the facts of the memo on its own.

About 600 kilometres off the coast of Newfoundland is where the Titanic sank in 1912. OceanGate, which is based in the United States, runs trips to the site.

The missing submarine is carrying five people, including billionaire explorer Hamish Harding, French explorer Paul-Henry (PH) Nargeolet, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman, who come from a well-known Pakistani family, and OceanGate CEO and Titan pilot Stockton Rush.

OceanGate says that the Titan can give people enough air and other things they need to live for up to 96 hours, or four days.

Tuesday afternoon, officials said that there was only enough air on board the Titan for 40 hours.

Frederick told reporters at a press conference in Boston on Tuesday, “This is a complicated search that needs the help of many agencies with specialized knowledge and tools.”

Horizon Maritime Services and the Miawpukek First Nation in southern Newfoundland work together to run the Polar Prince.

Sean Leet, co-founder and head of Horizon Maritime Services, talked to reporters on Wednesday to share his thoughts with the Titan’s passengers and their families.

“We care about the people on the Titan and their families,” Leet said. “We really care about how well they are doing. We are all working together on this in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, the United States, and all over the world.”

Leet said that ExxonMobil, a client of his business, has sent a ship called the Horizon Arctic, which is 94 meters long, to help with the search.

He said that the Horizon Arctic is equipped with an American remote-controlled ship that flew into St. John’s late on Tuesday. The ship left Wednesday at 5 a.m. local time and should arrive at the spot of the Titanic by Thursday morning.

“We know that time is of the essence for this mission,” Leet said.

“Our staff and onshore team are experts in their fields, and we will continue to help in any way we can. We will keep doing what we can to help find the Titan crew, and we will keep hoping that they will be found and brought home safely.

Misel Joe, who was at the press meeting with Leet, is the chief of the Miawpukek First Nation. He asked everyone in the country and all over the world to pray for the people on the Titan.

“We want them to come home, and we want them to do so safely.”

Leave a Reply